The Chinese Medicine Board of Australia (the National Board) has established the Chinese Medicine Accreditation Committee (the Accreditation Committee) to exercise a number of accreditation functions under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law as in force in each state and territory (the National Law).
The role of the Accreditation Committee is to develop and recommend accreditation standards to the Board for approval. It then assesses whether programs of study and education providers are meeting the accreditation standards and decides whether or not to accredit the provider and program. The National Board considers the Accreditation Committee’s decision and their report and decides whether or not to approve an accredited program as a qualification for registration as a Chinese medicine practitioner.
Accreditation standards help to ensure that education providers give students the knowledge, skills and professional attributes to competently practise in the profession.
The National Board has approved the Chinese medicine accreditation standards under section 47 of the National Law.
As required by section 46 of the National Law, the Accreditation Committee undertook wide ranging stakeholder consultation about the content of the Accreditation Standards before they were recommended to the National Board for approval.
Approved Programs of Study
An online search is available for all approved programs of study.
This search contains the details of programs of study approved by the Board.
Programs of Study
Qualifications for general registration, considered adequate programs of study, under the grandparenting provisions of the National Law
- Bachelor Degree level programs of study - Australian qualifications - Last updated 24 August 2012 (508 KB,PDF)
- Advanced Diploma level programs of study - Australian qualifications - Last updated 13 June 2012 (504 KB,PDF)
- Bachelor Degree Level Programs of Study - Chinese only qualifications - Updated 22 June 2012 (508 KB,PDF)
- Advanced Diploma Level Programs of Study - Chinese only qualifications - Updated 22 June 2012 (504 KB,PDF)
- Bachelor Degree Level Programs of Study - Overseas qualifications (not including China) - Updated 7 April 2015 (80.1 KB,PDF), Word version (60.1 KB,DOCX)
- Advanced Diploma Level Programs of Study - Overseas qualifications (not including China) - Updated 27 August 2012 (79.5 KB,PDF), Word version (86.6 KB,DOCX)
- Application information for education providers is being finalised. If you need a copy, please email the Accreditation Unit.