Under Section 38 of the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law as in force in each state and territory, the Chinese Medicine Board of Australia (the Board) must develop and recommend to Ministerial Council mandatory registration standards and any other standards relevant to the eligibility of individuals for registration in the profession.
The Board has developed the following registration standards:
Also in this section
Codes and Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions can be found in the Codes and Guidelines section.
Approved examinations: Grandparenting and general registration standard
The Chinese Medicine Board of Australia has approved the following educational institutions to provide clinical examinations for the purpose of acquiring evidence of competency to support an application for registration under the Grandparenting and General Registration Eligibility Registration Standard.
If an applicant decides to sit a Board Approved examination they are responsible for contacting the educational institute and organising to sit the examination. Each institute has their own process for accepting and allowing external candidates to be examined. Upon initial contact with the institute determine what further information you are required to submit. Below is a list of documentation which the institute may request prior to sitting the examination.
Upon application candidates will be required to present the following documentation to the educational institution:
- Correspondence from AHPRA, detailing the requirement of further evidence to be submitted to consider registration
- Agreement that the exam results will be forwarded directly to AHPRA
- Proof of identity
- Proof of professional indemnity insurance, if not available inform institute of such
- Copies of Chinese medicine qualifications
- CV detailing clinical experience
- Any completed forms or documents, required by the institute
- The required fee to sit the examination, as determined by the educational institute
- Proposed actions and process for the future
The Board advises candidates that:
- When reapplying for registration the Board requires all documents from the educational institution including exam information sheets with comments and not just exam results or scores
- “Passing” the exam is no guarantee of registration – it is evidence that can be considered
Approved examination providers
Sydney Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine (SITCM)
Contact person: Clinic Administration Officer, Ms Rosa Zhang
Phone: 02 9261 2289
University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
Contact person: Program/Course Director Dr Sean Walsh
Phone: 02 9514 7864
Ministerial Council directions and approvals
The following directions or approvals given by Ministerial Council to the Chinese Medicine Board of Australia are published in accordance with section 17(2) of the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law as in force in each state and territory (the National Law).
|Approval of the following registration standards:
- Continuing professional development registration standard
- Criminal history registration standard
- English language skills registration standard
- Professional indemnity insurance arrangements registration standard
- Recency of practice registration standard
- Grandparenting registration standard: transitional arrangements for qualifications.
|PDF (81.7 KB)
||11 January 2012
A detailed consultation process supported the development of the Board’s registration standards.