Chinese Medicine Board of Australia

Planned maintenance Due to scheduled maintenance, this website and the public register will be unavailable between 9:00am and 1:00pm on 22/01/2017 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)). Health practitioner and employer online services, including registration renewal for health practitioners, online graduate applications and financial transactions, will be unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Chinese Medicine Board of Australia

Non-practising registration

Chinese medicine practitioners with non-practising registration are not permitted to treat, prescribe or refer, regardless of whether they are being remunerated. There is a reduced fee for non-practising registration. These practitioners continue to receive the Board's publications.

This type of registration may be suitable for practitioners who:

  • will be overseas for some time and not practising in Australia or
  • are not practising temporarily (for example on maternity or sick leave).

Practitioners who have been granted non-practising registration do not need to comply with the continuing professional development standard, the professional indemnity insurance standard or the recency of practice standard for the duration of their non-practising registration.

If you hold non-practising registration and wish to start practising in Australia again, you can apply to the Board to have your registration switched to general registration.

There is a form on the Forms page for this purpose called Application for General Registration for current non-practising registrants (AGNP-86). The standard registration fee for general registration will apply.

Page reviewed 24/09/2013